EASTER AND BANK HOLIDAY ON LAKE COMO
In the spring time lake Como is a lovely location to spend our holidays. The gardens are bloomed with their diffent colours and amazing scents.
The wonderful landscapes between lake and mountains fill our hearts of hapiness. Many different events are waiting for you in this unforgettable area.
What to do… the events do not to be missed:
Estear Market in Como among 163 stands of the traditional Easter Market from 18 to 22 April. It takes place around the ancient medieval walls of City of Como, from Viale Varese to Viale Cattaneo, the long way leads between the stands offering a bit of everything, from colorful balloons for children to more characteristic and funny objects.
It is a very crowded market, for this reason we suggest to avoid the central afternoon hours, better to choose the morning to enjoy it.
Religious kissing ritual: In the middle of the way there is the church of SS Crocifisso, where the ancient and miraculous Crucifix is exposed for the kissing ritual, you can visit it for a moment of musing.
The Crucifix was offered by a group of Northern European pilgrims passing through the City of Como in 1401, as thanks to the hospitality received by the Padri Celestini.
Every year during the Saint week, the Holy Image is exposed to the faithful for a devout kiss. The Holy Crucifix is raised on a small Calvary; an increasing number of people, slowly climbing the ramps of the stage and kisses Him, thanking and praying. On Good Friday, the Holy Crucifix is carried in procession through the streets of the city, on which the Bishop gives the blessing.
• Mostra delle Camelie: Flower, scents and colors. Camellia Exhibition 20-21 April. It will be in Palazzo Gallio di Gravedona ed Uniti in a fantastic setting. The camellias will be the protagonist with their amazing colors. During the event you can can admire colorful floral compositions.
• Feast of sweets – Olivedo- Varennail 20-22 April near the landing stage so many temptations and goodies … markets, chocolate and treats.
• BOTANICAL TREASURE HUNT AT VILLA CARLOTTA – Tremezzo on 22 April 2011 on the occasion of Easter Monday Villa Carlotta organizes a day where little explorers can carry out many fun and stimulating activities and get involved in a treasure hunt between park and museum. To find the hidden treasure of Princess Carlotta!
• A walk at Villa Erba in Cernobbio – special openings from 10.00 to 18.00 from Monday 22nd to Sunday 28th. •
The garden of Villa Erba will be open to visitors with themed walks and guided tours along the avenues in the shade of ancient trees and among flowering bushes and perfumed by the lake. A fascinating botanical walk among trees and collections of flowering shrubs and elegant multicolored flower beds that enhance the splendid panorama of the lake.
To admire the centuries-old trees: plane trees, beech trees, the Himalayan cedar, the cypress of the marshes (or Tassodio) and Ginkgo biloba.
• Luna Park: A ride to the Luna Park in Como, open until April 28th in the Ex Piazza d’Armi area.
• Pasquapark in Lecco Area Bione Shows Viale Giacomo Brodolini until 04/28/2019 pure fun, including bumper cars, apple caterpillar, attractions for the little ones and kiosks.
• “Picnic at the Fiumelatte Varenna spring on 25 April | from 12.30 Sausages, cheeses, salami and ribs lavech!
• 25.04.2019 Traditional bird show in Grandate, stalls, food and animals are waiting for you.
• Auschwitz Exhibition Memories of the Horror by the artist Ariel Balmaseda – from Thursday 25 April to Wednesday 1 May at the Multi-Purpose Center in Via Scalini in Dongo. Opening times: 10.00 am / 12.00 pm – afternoon 3.00 pm / 7.00 pm.
• ECOGREEN: THE FIRST ECOLOGICAL RALLY, on 27 and 28 April 2019 in Como electric motors that will compete in 4 stages in the area of Lake Como:SATURDAY 27 APRIL 2019 • 1st STAGE “BRIANZA”: from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm 12: 00 • 2nd “GHISALLO” STAGE: from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm • 3rd STAGE “GIRO DEL LAGO IN NOTTURNA”: from 9:00 pm to midnight . –SUNDAY 28 APRIL 2019 • 4th STAGE “VAL D ‘INTELVI’: from 8:00 am to 11:00 am
• A visit to the Villas and historic houses scattered around the lake that have opened to the visitors after the winter break, Villa Carlotta, Villa del Balbianello, Villa Monastero, Villa Melzi and many others organize not only guided tours but also exhibitions and events within them and in the wonderful gardens.