Palazzo Volpi is the ancient home of the noble Volpi family. The Comasco Volpiano Volpi (1559-1629), archbishop of Chieti and resident in Rome, commissioned the designs of the palace to the Roman architect Sergio Venturi. The building was built between 1622 and 1633 under the supervision of Pietro Paolo Raimondi, nephew of Volpiano Volpi, and the direction of the master builder Marco Dotti di Piazza. The planned “U” plan, with the internal courtyard open on the garden, remained unfinished in the northern part.
Via Diaz 84, Como